YOUTH GROUP LESSON ON GOD'S LOVE
*CLICK HERE FOR YOUTH GROUP GAME ON GOD'S LOVE*
Lesson Overview: The love of God is the most powerful force in the universe. In His love He created us, and in His love He saves us. God not only has love, He is love. This Youth Group lesson unpacks God’s love in a way that will become personal to your students.
Bible: Psalm 136:26; Romans 8:35-27; Romans 5:8
Bottom Line: God loves you more than you can imagine.
Capture: Grab their attention with an illustration.
- Illustration/Story: Have you ever loved something so much you would do anything to have it? Maybe it was a video game or a new iPhone. You went to your parents and you offered to do extra chores for more allowance just to get it. Maybe you went and got a job so you could earn the money to buy the thing. Share a story about a time you went the extra mile to get something you really wanted.
- Why did you keep going, and press through to get that thing you wanted? Probably because you loved it (or knew you would when you got it).
- In a spiritual sense, God’s love for you is the same — but better. There is nothing God wouldn’t do for you; there’s nothing He would let stand in the way of His love for you.
Connect: Connect them to God’s word.
- Tension Question: Did you know that God’s love is the most powerful force in the universe? It’s true! God’s love literally goes on forever. It’s never-ending, and it’s stronger than anything else we could imagine.
- Scripture: Psalm 136:26 — God’s love endures forever!
Consider: What does this mean for us today?
- Scripture: Romans 8:35-27 — There is nothing that can separate you from God’s love.
- When life gets really difficult, it’s easy to believe we are cut off from God’s love. That’s simply not true. This scripture gives us a list of things that would tempt to us to think we could be separated from God’s love, and yet, even in the midst of this list, God’s love is stronger.
- God not only has love for you, He is love for you — God Himself is love.
- So many people get Christianity all wrong. They think that you have to live a certain way so that God will love you. That’s not true. In actuality, we live in a certain way precisely because God loves us.
- When you begin to understand that God loves you because that’s who He is, not because you’ve done anything to deserve it, everything changes.
- Bottom Line: God loves you more than you can imagine.
Collide: How do we apply this in our lives?
- Scripture: Romans 5:8 — This Scripture makes it clear: God sent His son to die for you before you could ever do anything to earn His love — simply because He loves you. He loved you and died for you while you were undeserving of it.
- If there was nothing you could do to earn God’s love, there’s nothing you can do to lose it.
- Your unrepentant sin may separate you from God’s presence, but it does not nullify His love for you.
- Story: Share about a time that God chased you down with His love and how it transformed your life.
- Application: Choose to live for God — not so you can earn His love, but because you know He loved you when you could never earn it.
Call: How do we respond to the message?
- Altar moment: Tonight, ask God to show you how much He loves you. He wants to speak to you and show you His love. Surrender your life to Him and repent of any sin in your life that may separate you from His presence. His love will transform your life.
- Small Group Questions:
- Have you ever loved something so much you would do anything to have it?
- When you think about God’s love, what do you think about?
- Why do you think so many people think they have to earn God’s love?
- What are some ways that God has shown you how much He loves you?Enjoyed this Youth Group Lesson?
We have an entire sermon series library loaded with resources like this at YouthPastor.co.
All of our sermon series include 👇
✅ Sermon Series Graphics (JPG/PSD)
✅ Sermon Builder Curriculum (PDF)
✅ Small Group Materials (PDF)
✅ Social Media Graphics (Story/Feed)
✅ Sermon Bumper Video (MP4-Below)
Check Out YouthPastor.co
Each month, Youth Pastor Co brings together the most creative minds in youth ministry to build sermon series packages that are powerful, relevant, and easy to use. Become a member today and gain access to our ever-growing library of sermon series.
And if there's anything we can do for you, just reach out or schedule a meeting with a team member today!